The Hideout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hideout

The coolest place on the net for family and friends to have some fun.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jeanie
Admin
Admin
jeanie

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Empty
PostSubject: First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986   First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Back before IPODS, mobil phones & laptops were around, this young kiwi went for her first overseas trip. I was away for three months viisting family in Scotland, England and Channel Islands.

With a limit on time and money I did take a two week Contiki Trip through six or seven European Countires. Here is a picture of me with my group in Dutch National Dress. Chocolate bar to first three people who can correctly guess which one is me!

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Scan0016

I can not remember the name of this lovely little village in Holland but the donuts where great and this is where we got our picture taken.

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Scan0026

This group photo is taken in Florence, can you spot me? All I can recall is that it was known as the plaza with the laughing faces.

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Scan0018

Also made it to Venice. Yes we took a gondal ride, saw the bridge of "sighs". We went to some wonderful places to see leather goods, lace and Glass making. I bought a lovely Venician glass blown with gold trim in a wine decanter and glasse. It was the one thing I really wanted to come home with.

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Scan0021

Then to Germany, and a trip on the Rhine! I also remember we ended up in a beer hall and a pub where we played the glass boot drinking game.

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Scan0022

Went to stay with an Uncle in Jersey in the Channel Islands. Very pretty little Island. On a good day you can see the coast of France.

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Scan0023

On the way over to Britian I stopped for three days in LA. My top things I wanted to do was Disneyland, Universal Studios and San Diego Seaworld.

As you can see got attacked by Jaws at Universal Studios.

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Scan0024

Meet Shamu at Seaworld. Tip for those who goe to this show dont sit in first 10 rows or you will get wet.

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Scan0028

Hope you enjoyed!
Back to top Go down
Kattieee
Moderator/Host
Moderator/Host
Kattieee

PostSubject: Re: First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986   First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 pm

lovely pictures of your trip! I like it Smile
and cool you went to the Netherlands too jeanie!
and yaaay the wooden shoes of course with the dress haha!
it's hard to find you though, because some of the ladies look a lot like each other o.O
can I have a chocolate bar too without guessing the right person haha?
and btw, the place is called: "Volendam" I think ... Smile
Back to top Go down
jeanie
Admin
Admin
jeanie

PostSubject: Re: First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986   First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:08 am

Glad you like the pictures Kattieeee Pie but you have to guess! Oh I am glad you know the name of the place it was very lovely.

I remember getting lost in Amersterdam with some of my tour group, it was night we been and walked around the famous Red Light district and could not remember where the hotel was. We found it only find that we had walked round and round the block it was in lol .

Next time I go to Holland I want to see the flower market and of course the tulips.
Back to top Go down
Kattieee
Moderator/Host
Moderator/Host
Kattieee

PostSubject: Re: First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986   First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Hmmm, then I'm going to guess. Perhaps the upper right one on the picture with the dresses?
Haha, getting lost in Amsterdam, I know that. Even I get lost sometimes!
Of course the Red Light District! Good you all find the hotel later lolz.
Yaay tulips!! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986   First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Trip to Britian and Europe 1986
Page 1 of 1